PRIVACY STATEMENT & DISCLAIMER
Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
As you may know, the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) imports a new set of data protection laws in Singapore, and which legislate on, amongst other things, the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data by all private sector organisations. This includes The British Club.
We will continue to contact you via the contact details which you have already provided to the Club, to keep you informed of the latest announcements, news, events, surveys, marketing and advertising information and promotions by the Club.
However, should you wish to withdraw your consent for the Club to collect, use and/or disclose any personal data about you for any of the above purposes, you may do so by contacting our Member Relations department at email@example.com.
Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- i) To perform or carry out all matters that is necessary and/or relevant to the purposes of processing, maintaining or administering the Member’s ongoing membership with the Club;
- ii) To provide the Member with marketing, advertising and promotional materials, announcements, information and/or documents relating to products and/or services and/or existing or upcoming Club events, news, and/or Club General Meetings and Dialogue Sessions;
iii) To conduct member satisfaction and/or membership statistics surveys;
- iv) To publish photographs, in which Members might appear in British Club media platforms;
- v) To maintain the safety and security of the Club’s premises with the use of security cameras;
- vi) Where legally permitted, to undertake directly or through agent’s criminal reference checks with relevant government bodies and/or agencies and credit bureau;
vii) To provide information, materials and/or documents on any events, products, services, promotions or survey by the Club, using post, email, SMS/MMS/Telegram, fax and/or phone call, even if the Member is registered under the Do Not Call Registry;
viii) To disclose personal data to the Club’s third party service providers and/or agents, supplier and/or vendor for the above purposes and the above purposes only, on behalf of the Club.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you do not want the Club to continue using and/or disclosing your personal data for the above purposes, you may at any time, withdraw your consent from the Club and/or its third party service providers and/or agents using and/or disclosing your personal data as such.
However, you may wish to take note that by withdrawing your consent, the Club may not be able to continue maintaining, administering or furthering your membership effectively and/or you may miss or fail to receive relevant notices and message related to your ongoing relationship with the Club.
You may contact the Member Relations department at firstname.lastname@example.org for withdrawal of consent to your personal data.